Thursday, January 16, 2014

Look Who's 54!

On Monday, January 13th, the best Dad on the planet (mine of course!) turned 54.

I don’t know how birthdays worked at your house, but when I was growing up, on our birthday we were able to request whatever we wanted for dinner that night, and choose what type of cake we wanted.  Normally I requested tacos…it’s obviously not very hard to impress me.  My brother on the other hand, would typically request a turkey dinner, or lasagna.  I should note now that I was the good kid…just kidding…love you Travis!


So back to my Dad…

For his 54th birthday, I invited my Dad over for dinner with the kids and I, and he got to choose what he wanted for dinner, and request his favorite cake, AND, I promised to make it all from scratch.  I know, I know, totally impressive!

Menu:
Lasagna
Green Salad
German Chocolate Cake with Vanilla Ice Cream














 The best part was seeing my cute kiddos play with their Grandpa…I love watching them all interact. 


Love you Dad!  Wishing you a fun and successful year #54!

No comments:

Post a Comment